This is not easy for me, I’m not really in the habit of exposing myself like this.
So, here are a few things I’m working on (not necessarily in this order):
- Getting this blog to a higher level. I know I’ve been saying this forever, but now is the time. I have some ideas I’m working on right now.
- Restarting my photography. I haven’t touched my photography gear in months. We have bought a new compact camera recently, which - I hope - will aid in this. This is directly related to the previous bullet.
- I’ve started journaling in november 2015, but feel it does not yet capture my thoughts. I’m not sure how to proceed here actually. Update: I have not been journaling on a daily basis for some time now.
- I’ve started using a Bullet Journal for getting my work done, but I want to expand and make it a part of my working day more and more. Update: I tried but went back to the bare necessities: write down 3 actions to do that day. Maybe someday. Update 2: I still feel the need to further document my daily (work) life. Gonna try to fit Bullet Journaling in my life again.
- Getting my GTD workflow up to speed. I really need to build some habits to get this on the road again. I’ve made some progress in the last months (my email inbox is nearly empty!). Update: progress was followed by distress, as I felt not being able to keep everything on track. I am working on some ideas, mainly because my work life is changing (for the better).
- Live more in the “now”. Looking back is so easy, but it is not the way I’m heading. Let’s start by living in the moment and set some small “long term” goals.
- Getting in shape. I’ve been trying to go the gym on a weekly basis, but haven’t succeeded yet. Update: I have been going on a 30 minute walk every morning (with the dog) since late October 2017, and a 30 minute walk at noon since late January 2018 (with a short pause in April). Great to clear the mind, but I think I need more as my lower back is not happy for some time now.
- I have started reading for at least 30 minutes every day. Feels great to actually make progress in a book!
I’ve made progress in the last months, but more work has to be done now.
Last updated on July 14, 2018.